Thursday 5 November 2009

Holidays are coming?


On Monday evening - yes that was the 2nd of November - I spotted this.

I was still reeling from the shock of being wished a 'merry Christmas from Tesco' on their newest ad while I was watching X Factor on Sunday (I was recovering from our Halloween festivities) so spying the famous coca cola lorry had me really spun out. I stood, open-mouthed like a goldfish for a few moments, the billboard is huge, almost across one whole side of the glamorous Elephant & Castle shopping centre - and it lights up.

It's a shame really because having no choice but to gawp at this billboard every day is really going to take the thrill out of seeing the Christmas coke advert properly for the first time - "holidays have been coming for 2 months already!" I'll shout when the excitable 'holidays are comin'' tune pipes up. Bah Humbug!

Which reminds me the Christmas lights have indeed been switched on in Oxford Circus - I didn't go to the big button pressing ceremony but have heard, that in a typically British fashion - we ballsed it up. Jim Carrey (because all the lights are promoting his new film A Christmas Carol) punched the big red button and about two lights came on...can anyone say Olympic opening ceremony?!

No comments:

Post a Comment