Tuesday 26 January 2010

Beach House



Unfortunately my dear old Sony laptop has given up on me, I can't help but think I was asking too much of it. But without a laptop of my own I can't download the new album Teen Dream by Beach House and review it.

Needless to say they are hotly tipped for 2010 and certainly appeal to me. I wasn't surprised to learn that their album was produced and engineered in part by Chris Coady who is also responsible for the most recent Grizzly Bear album as well as having worked with TV on the Radio.

Grizzly Bear are a new favourite although they have been around a while. I like the way their music sounds modern and fresh but also ageless or at least nostalgic, Beach House evoke a similar reaction. It's just as easy to imagine stomping your feel along to hearing each song live as it is to imagine lying happily falling alseep to them. Hopefully I'll be able to do both.

Speaking of sleep - very rarely do the new, slightly pompous genres which some publications feel the need to invent every time a band emerges with a slightly new sound actually fit but 'dream pop' could be said to describe the work of Beach House pretty well.

I'm looking forward to listening to the album in its entirety. Review to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment